Eating Right for Your Smile
With Halloween approaching, we at Carter Periodontics & Implant Dentistry would like to remind everyone of the importance of eating well. We all know the basics: don’t eat sugary food, avoid soda to protect from cavities and be careful of hard or sticky candies that can pull out dental implants like your fillings. But eating healthy and nutritious foods regularly can actually improve your oral health and reverse dangerous conditions like periodontal disease?
Your body is remarkably engineered to heal itself; all you need to do is learn how to give it the right tools. Good nutrition is one of the best tools. With a few helpful tips this season you will be smiling bright through every season. Just employ these simple practices:
- Eating whole grain more often
- Adding variety to the vegetables you eat on a daily basis
- Focusing on fruit with meals
- Eating foods that are rich in calcium and lean on protein
- Making sure to balance a good diet with physical activity
- Quitting smoking with the help of our support system
At Carter Periodontics & Implant Dentistry your health is our main concern. To keep our patients healthy and happy we employ the latest technologies in tooth extractions, bone grafting, gum grafting, and laser surgery.
Click here or call our experienced Clarksville dentist today at (931) 614-6603 for a consultation to begin your steps to a brighter smile.